Computer Forensics Lab: We track down all digital fingerprints in your computer
Data Recovery Doctor work with some of the UK’s top law firms to uncover and investigate crucial electronic evidence and create a solid, structured and methodical legal case. We are trusted by some of the UK’s biggest government and corporate bodies to investigate, secure and analyse data for legal cases presented in Court and for internal enquiries or regulatory compliance.
Data Recovery Doctor forensic analysts are able to offer professional, methodical and fully compliant computer forensic services. Our data forensic services follow the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) guidelines and can be presented in any court of law in the UK. Our data forensic investigators are fully trained to carry out any data forensic investigation assigned to them professionally and methodically.
Any data forensic investigation will involve the following steps:
- Identification of all possible sources of digital and computer evidence;
- Taking all actions necessary to preserve all the digital evidence under investigation;
- Carrying out full computer forensic analysis of digital evidence;
- Structured presentation of the all the findings in an appropriate and compliant format;
- All data forensic investigations carried out by Data Recovery Doctor, will follow strict quality assurance guidelines guaranteeing the highest quality and standard.
- The appointed computer forensic analyst conducting the investigation, will be responsible for ensuring that all legal requirements are taken into account and the evidence is not contaminated throughout the period the data forensic investigation is underway.
What is computer data forensics?
A computer forensic investigation is a thorough analysis of all the information stored within a computer or any attached storage device to determine any user activity and establish the identity of the user or users. Any document created or any activity undertaken by a computer user, will leave a trail of evidence that can be invaluable in any data forensic investigation. A forensic expert can piece together all the collected information to reveal a computer user’s conduct, sometimes even years after the events took place.
For example, a data forensic investigator can establish things like who logged on to a single computer or network of computers and when; what documents were opened, read or changed; when which documents were seen by whom; which documents contain certain words or phrases; what documents have been copied, printed or emailed out; when what websites or other external computers have been visited; what data has been downloaded, removed, deleted or sabotaged; what storage devices have been attached to a computer; whether anything was copied to or from any storage devices; what communication the computer or computers under investigation had with the outside world via the the internet or an internal or external network; where an email came from and who viewed and/or responded to it.
Some of our data forensic service aspects include:
- Computer forensic analysis preview: This will involve the interrogation of the live data storage devices. This form of analysis will identify if there is any information present that would sufficiently warrant a full data forensic analysis of all computer-related media.
- Full computer forensic analysis: This will involve the investigation of all data storage devices related to a submitted exhibit including the recovery and analysis of data from unallocated spaces, damaged partitions, sabotaged media or deliberately deleted files or folders. The computer forensic analysis process relies on the complete integrity of the data which is guaranteed through a fully auditable trail and a strict adherence to the ACPO guidelines (Association of Chief Police Officers).